Less than 15 minutes
10 to 30 minutes
- nests medium egg noodles
- spring onions, chopped
- ml/fl oz low-fat coconut milk
- ml/fl oz chicken stock made with × stock cube
- - chicken thighs or drumsticks, skin removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the kettle. Break up the noodles and put into a bowl. Cover with boiling water, set aside, and allow the noodles to soften completely - about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the white part of the spring onion to a saucepan with the coconut milk, stock, and a twist of black pepper. Bring to a simmer, add the chicken thighs, and cook for 15-20 minutes. Don’t boil it or the chicken will be tough and the coconut milk will separate (if you use boneless chicken thighs, simmer for 8-10 minutes). Season with pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the saucepan and check that it is completely cooked. If it’s pink near the bone, return it to the stock for another 5 minutes. When cooked, set the chicken thighs aside to cool slightly.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the coconut liquid. Chop the chicken from the bone and stir into the soup with the green part of the spring onion.